CONGRESSMAN VAN DREW WILL VOTE NO ON THE DEMOCRATS’ SOCIALIST RECONCILIATION BILL
November 9, 2021
Today, Congressman Van Drew issued the following statement on how he will be voting NO on the socialist Reconciliation bill when it comes to the House floor.
“This package being rammed through by Speaker Pelosi and the Left is bad legislation that will adversely affect our nation for generations to come,” said Congressman Van Drew. “Without an official score from the Congressional Budget Office we will not know the true cost of this package and how much it will actually cost the American taxpayer. President Biden is lying to the American people when he says that this will be completely paid for – I know that isn’t true, he knows it isn’t true, and the American people know it isn’t true. At a time where we are facing the worst border crisis in our nation’s history, massive labor shortages and a supply chain on the brink of collapse, Democrats forcing through a bill of this scale that will lead to tax breaks for the rich at the expense of the American taxpayer is completely unacceptable.
“Inflation has hit a 30-year high and the Left will be unsatisfied with the amount of federal spending until the day they have every single American dependent on the government to live their everyday lives, turning us into a cradle-to-grave welfare state. This piece of legislation will change America as we know it and I cannot support something that does not have the best interests of our nation and our citizens.”
Provisions I Do NOT Support in the Reconciliation Bill:
- $100 billion towards immigration, but not a single penny towards border security.
- Fails to include Hyde Amendment protections.
- $80 billion towards the IRS to spy on the American people.
- Over $400 billion in small business tax hikes.
- $800 billion in tax hikes on American businesses that will kill U.S. jobs.
- $330 billion in new spending that includes incentives to stay at home rather than go to work.
- $550 billion in Green New Deal subsidies for the wealthy and big corporations.
- Amnesty or any payments for illegal immigrants.