CONGRESSMAN VAN DREW OPPOSES GREEN NEW DEAL PROVISIONS IN THE RADICAL RECONCILIATION BILL
November 18, 2021
Congressman Van Drew issued the following statement opposing the far-left reconciliation bill and Green New Deal provisions it contains. This $4.5 trillion piece of legislation includes $550 billion for the Green New Deal.
Billions of dollars will be allocated to provisions such as:
- Environmental and climate justice grants;
- Guaranteed government loans for climate projects;
- USPS to convert to electric vehicles;
- $450 million for job training in “climate change” careers;
- $25 million for President Biden to establish an “environmental justice initiative”;
- $2.5 billion for “tree equity”;
- $4.1 billion for electric bicycles;
- $4.8 billion in electric vehicle credits for big businesses to purchase their own electric vehicle fleets;
- $12,500 tax subsidy for a family making $500,000 to buy an electric vehicle.
“While this President and the Left focus their concerns on “tree equity” and the wealthy receiving tax subsidies, they failed to include any provisions to combat pressing issues facing our nation,” said Congressman Van Drew. “In this 2,000-page bill, it fails to include any mention of border control, China, or Afghanistan. Instead, “green” is mentioned 148 times, “equity” is mentioned 33 times, and “environmental justice” is mentioned 21 times. This is absurd. We have real issues that are affecting Americans everyday lives, but the Left wants to ram through this reckless piece of legislation that will only cripple our economy and provide billions of dollars to the Green New Deal. When this bill comes to the House floor for a vote, I will stand in staunch opposition and vote NO. We cannot allow for the federal government to insert their excessive government overreach into Americans’ lives, starting from the moment they are born, and infringing on the right to individual freedom.”